The best way to limit muscle soreness is to finish the workout with a 10-minute cooldown of low-intensity cardio. Even if you only use minimal resistance, those muscles should at least be in motion. After your cooldown, go through the stretching that I’ll show you during the session
There are some simple things that can be done in the days following a workout to minimize muscle soreness.
- Keep moving! That will keep blood flowing so your muscles can heal.
- Stretch, stretch, and stretch some more. Just be sure not to stretch aggressively. Aggressive stretching will cause even more microtrauma.
- Hydrate. Your body needs fluids to flush the muscles.
- Eat plenty of lean protein. Your muscles need that protein to rebuild.
- If this still isn't enough, take a moderate amount of ibuprofen. This will help ease the soreness as long as you keep moving.